Fire Escape Plans to ISO 23601
Through the use of safety signs, colour coding and specific design requirements, ISO 23601 establishes a common method of illustrating the position of the viewer in relation to designated escape routes leading to fire exits and to the location of fire safety and emergency equipment adjacent to escape routes.
The information to be shown on fire escape plans should include the following:
- A simplified floor plan.
- All emergency exits and escape routes, horizontal and vertical.
- The point of location of the user - “You are here”.
- The location of stairs.
- Any specific evacuation provisions made available for people with disabilities.
- The location of the lifts as an architectural feature.
- The location of fire safety and emergency equipment.
- An overview plan, assembly points, and legend.
- At positions where occupants can learn the means of escape.
- At strategic points of the escape route, which can be:
- On every floor at primary entry points.
- Near lifts and stairs.
- In every room, e.g. hotel rooms.
- At appropriate training points, e.g. cafeterias, office centres, meeting places.
- At principal junctions and intersections.
Firesure provide fire escape plans conforming to BS ISO 23601:2009 in CAD/PDF format. We can also print your fire escape plans in sizes A0, A1, A2, and A3 on photoluminescent, anti-glare acrylic, or on any other material.