Fire Safety Awareness Training
All employees (including temporary and part-time staff) should receive training in relation to the following:-
- What action to take on hearing the fire alarm.
- What action to take on discovering a fire.
- The location of alarm call points.
- The location of fire escape routes, fire exits, and the assembly point.
- How to open all emergency exit doors.
- The emergency procedures for the building and who is responsible for overseeing and implementing them.
- The arrangements for ensuring that escape routes and exit doors are unobstructed and available for use.
- The location, selection and safe use of fire extinguishers, fire blankets, and fire hose reels.
- The arrangements for calling the fire brigade and for the provision of assistance on their arrival.
- The basic fire safety preventive and protective measures provided for the building.
- The theory and chemistry of fire.
- The system of fire safety signs at workplaces.
- The importance of the building's compartmentation strategy and fire doors.
- How to reduce risk when working with flammable or other dangerous substances.
- The arrangements for shutting off of electricity, fuel supplies, machinary, equipment, and ventilation systems where applicable.
- The importance of general fire safety, which includes good housekeeping.
- Introduction and outline of course modules
- PowerPoint presentation
- Summation, final questions, and conclusion
Course DetailsDuration: 1.5 hours
Location: Your workplace
Facilities: Indoor seating area
Capacity: Up to 18 persons per course